Hello! Thanks for your interest in booking me for a visit.
While I’m now open to doing in-person visits, I have found virtual visits to be a lot of fun and the format can provide an intimate venue for students to chat with an author. It also allows for all of us to meet new people that extensive travel prevented in the past. That said, get in touch and we can chat about what format works best for you and your group.
I’ve worked hard on my school presentation to make it interesting and interactive (as is suited to the technology) and am happy to tweak it to suit your students’ needs.
Duration: 45 – 60 minutes. The formal part of my presentation, where I talk and share a PowerPoint in person or via Zoom or other online platform, runs about 35 minutes- the rest of the time is for a short reading and your Q&A.
- Who I am, my long and bumpy road to publication, persistence and never giving up.
- Learning to accept and move on from failure. Finding strength in rejection.
- Famous people who didn’t let failure stop them.
- How a book is made, from the kernel of an idea, to drafting and the rounds of edits and why editing is so necessary. I include several screenshots of my editing process and working collaboratively with an editor.
- Cover design.
I also leave plenty of time for Q&A. I will answer any questions about me, my pets, being an author, writing, and things like whether I prefer pancakes or waffles best. I will also do a short reading if time permits.
I would love to be able to autograph for your students, thank you for asking! If I’ll be visiting you in person, let’s talk about how best to arrange for books.
If we’re doing things virtually, we have a few options:
- I can arrange to take orders and we can ship the batch of signed/personalized books to you for in-person distribution.
- A local store can take care of shipping for individual books.
- Or, if you’re all participating virtually, or are in the US or abroad, I can send signed bookplates (stickers) to be placed inside each book purchased individually.
I can provide order forms for you to send to families to help make this an easy and streamlined process for you.
My fees are as follows:
- Virtual visit: $225 CAD +HST ($175 USD) for my full presentation delivered virtually.
- In-person visit: $275 for one session, $500 for two, $900 for a full day (max four sessions) + mileage. I am located in Southern Ontario but am willing to travel. Please get in touch so we can chat further.
- Virtual book club visit (no formal presentation) – author intro, reading, Q&A. $125 CAD + HST ($100 USD)
I do ask that you sign a simple booking agreement to save the date for any format. Please contact me via email and we can discuss dates, travel, and further details.